Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

While I had been looking on Craig’s List for awhile before the land deal was closed, I didn’t start purchasing furniture until after our June 13th weekend trip.

My first purchase was from a couple just outside McKinney. It included an antique rocker, old end table and an antique chair.

I didn’t think to take before pictures of most furniture purchases, but I did of the Hoosier. Below are some before and after pictures of the Hoosier Cabinet I purchased for the kitchen.



This rolltop desk is an Ethan Allen piece. I don't have a before picture that I can upload at this time, but will work on it for the future. Here's the after picture of it actually in the cabin with a chair I purchased and refinished from a desk/chair combo that you will see below.

















Here is an after picture of the desk chair combo. I will be using the desk as a dressing table and will purchase or make a vanity bench for it later. It was originally a Bassett Cream, Yellow and Gold piece. Everyone knows I’m not fond of yellow, so that had to go. . . .




I still have a few pieces that I need to work on and several I don't have before and/or after photos of. They will be posted as soon as I can get them up.