Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!


Tuesday evening we began laundry. Max put on pot of coffee and the two of us sat in our rocking chairs on the porch, drinking coffee and enjoying the night sky. The dogs were with us on the porch. After about an hour they were ready to go inside. We weren’t. Guess who finally won?

It was funny; I put them both in the house. Soon after I made myself comfortable in the rocking chair, I saw light coming from behind us. We turned to check it out and it was Duke, he had pulled the curtain away from the French door and was looking at us through the window. I let them back out. Then Duke started his moaning thing. I told Max, all he wanted to do was to be on the comfy couch and go to sleep. Max added but wants his people inside with him. Sure enough, we all went into the house and Duke jumped on the couch, curled up and went to sleep.
Ginger made her way to the bedroom, got in her crate and went fast to sleep and didn’t move a muscle for hours. I told Max the kids are asleep, want to sneak out? But we stayed inside.

Thankfully the weather has been beyond nice. Much like Spring time weather/temperatures during the day. Not late December freezing temps one would except. It gets a bit chilly when the wind starts up, but seems it doesn’t last long before it dies back down again. Some nights have gotten cold. Max had to dress in several layers when he went out at night to use his telescope.


Max is really enjoying the recliner. As he says it was the right decision to bring it versus the loveseat. One he gets to recline, two it fits much better in the space we have.
A few mornings after I would let the dogs out and then feed them, I would go back out on the porch and enjoy the predawn sky. Ginger joined me the first morning. Both of them the other times, but Duke always wanted to go back in, and then he wasn’t happy. He would look through the window until Ginger and I came back in the cabin.