Sorry it has been almost a year since I last posted to the blog. But I’m here now and going to try and play catch up . . . . Beginning with a recap of the first half of 2010.
President’s Weekend – February 2010
Max and I came to the cabin alone this time. Flew out since it is just for a three day weekend.
Spent time admiring the beautiful West Texas night sky. The beauty never grows old.
We went hiking on the Nature Conservancy’s land that backs up to our land. We climbed up to the area that is our favorite view from our land. We came across what we thought was Mountain Lion Poop. Time to turn back around, as we were also getting close to some large rock formations. Yes, after looking it up . . . it was Mountain Lion Poop! I didn’t realize that big cats also have a *litter box* of sorts.


APRIL 2010
Don’t recall much about this weekend. But my Facebook post on April 9th was as follows. .
Spending the weekend at our Spirit Place . . . already experiencing its healing powers.
So it must have been a good weekend. ;)
MAY 2010 Star Party
Max and I weren’t here for the whole week. We did arrive in time to help with the Black Out job. We had to make sure all the windows where taped to where light could not escape and all restroom and outdoor lights were changed to red light bulbs. Let me tell you I was with the crew that did the restrooms and I will NEVER do that again. Don’t even want to talk about the men’s restrooms. Don’t think I felt clean for days, just remembering it.
We did set up on the upper field. Which meant we set down a tarp and set up the telescope, along with any other items we wanted to keep there, including chairs, etc? Then we would go to our spot arrive at Prude Ranch, parking outside because of the blackout times. Meaning no headlights after dark. We would walk to our spot and look at the sky. I always had my comforter, because it does get chilly at night here. And my MP3 player, so I was happy to just recline, relax and listen. When Max would find something interesting to see I would get up and look. What a deal for me. J We were next to a husband and wife and his brother. Now that was an interesting group. The one man, spent soooo much time setting up his big telescopes, sometimes yelling at his wife to help and then yelling at her because he couldn’t get whatever he was trying to do done correctly. He purchased several eye pieces. For the few nights we were there, Max and I neither one can say that man every looked through a telescope; his, his brother’s or anyone else’s for that matter.
We weren’t able to stay for the later part of the week when the speakers began, but that was okay.
June: Father’s Day Weekend
Christopher, Anne, along with 2.5 month old Sylvia came to West Texas from New Zealand for a visit. Max and I drove out to Andrews to see them. Max flew back and then I drove back with my sister and her girls who arrived later in Andrews later that week.

Christopher wanted to come and see the cabin, telescope, etc. So we all made a weekend trip to the Cabin. Christopher, Anne and Sylvia with us. It was a tight fit in the middle for them with the baby car seat. Mom, Calvin and Randall, of and Charlie, came in the pickup hauling their travel trailer.
I had forgotten how hot it was in June here. I don’t think the cabin ever cooled down until late that night. Felt badly we didn’t have more fans, because it does get hot in that bedroom. But thank goodness for the cool mountains breezes at night. With the windows open, I think the New Zealand bunch were more comfortable.

Max slept on the couch, I was on a bed foam that my mom gave me for the porch bed. I talked Randall into sleeping at the cabin so he could look through the telescope with Max and Christopher. He slept in the Hammock on the porch. Don’t think he slept that well and had a few catches in his neck or back.
We had Father’s Day dinner Sunday at the cabin. I messed up by adding the green beans with the new potatoes, not knowing Calvin liked them separate. The Steaks were good that Calvin grilled out for us.
There was a problem with the Trailer, can’t remember if it was the hitch, or something. It was not that great of a weekend for anyone, I don’t think. But we gave it a shot.
