Max and I began talking about the possibility of finding some land to have a weekend/vacation cabin.
I took a huge leap of faith in late October while at a going out of business sale. I found what would be perfect dishes for a cabin. I purchased them, knowing that one day in the future we would need them. The price was just too good to pass up.
In the meantime, Max began purchasing his telescope, lens and such. Not for a future place in Ft. Davis, but to use here at home and take on our visits to Ft. Davis. Regardless of purchasing land, we knew there would be frequent trips to the area. We both loved the area.
As with others who frequently visit the area, we actually experience both a physical and mental change when approaching the area via car. Seems the closer the mountains come in view, the more stress leaves the body and the mind becomes a be clearer.
In December, we went back to the Davis Mountains. Stayed at the Prude Ranch again.
We spent most of the time during the day looking at property on our own with a local Real Estate Publication. Looked in Limpia Crossing and surrounding areas. So I guess this was the first *real* step in the journey to THE CABIN.
The night was spent time looking through Max's telescope. I was in and out of the cabin; it was much, much too cold for me to stay out there. Yes, *Miss I'm HOT all the time* was freezing out there. A meteor shower was taking place, although I didn’t see any more than one usually sees there. It is so amazing how different the night sky is compared to the city. I don’t think I’ve ever imagined there were that many stars.
Here are some pictures taken during that tri