Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

We weren’t able to return to the cabin until Mid-September. In the meantime, Max purchased all the electrical wiring and other items required to run the electricity from the pole meter to the inside of the house.
This was our first real working week trip to the cabin. And what work it was. The last July/August trip Max and Calvin worked on digging the trench for the underground wire. Max worked on that some more at the beginning of this trip. I won’t go into all the details of the work, but believe me when I say; it was truly work, mostly for Max! Here are some of the pictures from that trip.

Once we arrived we saw the pump shed that our builder had made for us since our last visit.
In the U-Haul load this trip we were able to bring our mattress, but not the box spring. Connie and Calvin gave us a set of sheets and comforter. Connie had used her fancy embroidery machine to put “The Cabin, Heaven on Earth” on the sheets and pillow cases. I’ll get a picture next time we are there.
I really need to get an insect and butterfly identification book. Can’t seem to find this little bug on the internet. I found this one dead by the porch steps.


Also need a child’s animal poo id book. Think this is from a raccoon, left on our back porch the first morning we were there.

The first picture was at the beginning of the trip. The next picture was near the end and Max was not too happy that I took it. Oh well . . . .




While waiting to help Max when he needed me, I was able to unpack and arrange some furniture.
The blue vase was given to me by my dear friend, Nancy. We had been shopping, found this and we both thought it would be perfect for the cabin. Even though it wasn’t that costly, I passed knowing decorative items needed to be at the bottom of the list for the cabin. She surprised me later in the week by giving it to me. I was delighted!!!
Gayle, another very dear friend gave me this hall tree. I was helping her decorate her living room and dining room. We did a beautiful three step faux finish on the walls. I wouldn’t take any money for it, so she gave me this beautiful hall tree, which I was actually going to purchase from her. There were a few scrapes on it, so when I decided to refinish it I chose a dark walnut stain. It is so nice having things in the cabin that have a story connected with wonderful friends!
There are a few other items in the cabin that have special meaning to us. I’ll take pictures our next trip out there and post them with their stories.
The water tank and pump were delivered while we were at the cabin. Keeping fingers crossed that means running water for our next stay in the cabin.