A little over a month later we made our latest trip to the cabin. We left once Max was off work on Wednesday and arrived at my parent’s house late that night. We missed seeing Calvin, as he was already in bed that night and was off for work several hours before we got up the next morning. Their house has been our resting stop each time we drove to The Cabin. It has been so nice getting to see everyone so often this year. Not to mention breaking the trip, up especially with a U-Haul in tow.
During this trip Max was able to get the water hooked up to the cabin. It was wonderful having running water and hot water for showers!!!!! Now all we are waiting on is the septic system. While I'm not complaining about *roughing it*, I will be glad for all my modern day conveniences.
I sanded and treated the kitchen countertops and was able to do a few odd jobs inside the cabin.
Max and I were able to clear the bedroom and get the underlayment down for the laminated wood floor we will be putting down in a few weeks.
Calvin and Connie arrived Saturday. They helped us get some of the pipes wrapped with insulation. We will need to purchase more for our next trip. Calvin helped Max with the concrete that was needed in the back yard. They also helped install the A/C Heating Unit.
Connie had a wonderful dinner cooked for us when we made it down to their RV that night. I was tempted to take the leftover Smashed Taters, but was afraid Calvin would slap my hand. LOL!
We met them back at their RV the next morning for a big breakfast. After visiting with them for awhile, it was time to return to the cabin and prepare to head back home. Max did what he needed to do to prepare the cabin for our departure. I picked up and straighten up things in the cabin. We cleaned up around the cabin and then headed home.
Didn’t take any pictures this trip. So here’s earlier photos taken from our porch.