During this trip we actually got the curtains up in the living room. YEAH!
As you can see from the photo above, I brought The Marran Church painting from home to put in The Cabin. This was my Aunt Edna’s and hung in her ranch house living room. Many times when visiting her, I would look at it and tell myself that one day it would be mine. Thanks to my mom, and if the truth be known it was at the expense of her not getting a painting she wanted for herself, it now hangs in our Cabin.
The little elf planter on the desk is something my mom recently gave me. I remember it from my childhood; it was one of the constants in our many moves, always on a table in the house with ivy planted in it. I believe it was one of the Marran Aunts', Aunt Sadie, before my mom had it.
Hard to see, unless you click on the picture for a larger view, but there is a red metal plane I picked up for Max.
My Mom brought what is believed to be a propeller from Aunt Sadie's husband, Uncle Vern's plane to give to Max. This generation's private pilot. We will be hanging it in The Cabin, hopefully when we go back later this month.
It is important for me to be surrounded by things that have special meaning to both of us. Weather it is something from our family's history, our childhood or a gift given by a dear friend or family member, it will be a part of our Cabin, making it truly a little Heaven on Earth.
Below are pictures showing that we did have some relaxation time this trip.

Saturday before we left, Max and I worked on clearing some of the land. He cut down trees close to the Cabin and cleared some dead limbs from one in front of the porch. We both hauled the branches and stumps away from the cabin in two different areas on the land.
The process of working on the cabin and especially Saturday working on clearing some of the trees and my raking rocks, has given me a new appreciation for my Pioneering Ancestors. What they must have gone through just to survive each day, feed and care for their families!! I know there were some not so nice family members mixed among the good and decent members. However, I am grateful for all their contributions, the strength, faith and determination that went into helping settle The West.