The day started off with a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs and Rotel. So afterwards we began loading the trailer with the brush from the Thanksgiving trip. We made three trips to the brush pile before we came to the branches that were longer than the trailer and needed to be cut.
Later Max finished the protective coating on the porch rails. I finished the propeller. Now I just need to research the best way to hang it.
Thursday afternoon all four of us went for a good walk. We started off going to my favorite viewing spot on the property. Along the way we came across the javelina bones that I mentioned in the Wildlife post. It is a very rocky area and the dogs were like mountain goats. Max and I found several suitable spots for a picnicking area. We walked on over to our neighbors land and did a small bit of trespassing, just to take a quick look at their setup. Then we moved on down the driveway to the road. Ginger was tuckered out, but still didn’t want to stop. So many places yet to explore!
Before dinner, Max put up our reading lights in the bedroom and my little shelf. My side of the bed is very close to the wall and I needed someplace to put my book and eye glasses before I went to sleep. Worked great and I’m so glad to have it.
To celebrate the New Year we had wine with dinner. Of course we had our traditional black eyed peas but with a twist. Instead of the green bell peppers, we put jalapenos to add some spice. Man the peppers were hot, but gave the peas a great taste.
After the dishes were done we took our wine out to the porch and watched the night sky again. The moon was so bright even though it is just a crescent moon. The grass actually looked like snow with the glow of the moon. The trees took on a silvery tone and their shadows were amazingly defined.
As we were sitting in our rocking chairs, I told Max I felt so blessed. He said of course, I was right where I wanted to be. He was right!