Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

Once again we spent the morning hauling brush to the brush pile. This time Max had to cut most of the branches to fit in the trailer. While he was at it I asked him to cut down a dead tree that was among a grouping of trees close to where we were working. It is almost a circle of trees and I can’t wait to make it a kind of sanctuary.


Anyway, it was another three trips to the brush pile AND a trip to the Waste Station in town. After the last brush run, we stopped at the Country Store. We learned there is an internet service here in the development. After talking to the young woman working at the store, she uses the service; we found can also have a phone with this service and some additional equipment. I don’t completely understand how it works, but most of you probably do. Hey, I’m amazed I’m actually blogging!


The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning up around the place. Finally got the lumber scraps in some sort of order and found a place for them other than on the porch. Max tried to get the weed eater to work; seems we just have to replace a part, not the whole machine. This is good.


We are just relaxing in the living room. Duke is curled up at the other end of the couch, with his nose tucked under his front paw/leg. There is a skink bug on that leg right now. I can’t believe how many stink bugs we have!!!! The bug stayed on his leg for awhile then flew off. That is when Duke woke up and looked around, then back to sleep. Anyway, Ginger is sound asleep on the dog bed, Max is reading and I’m updating my posts for the blog. I’ll upload them once we get home and settled.


It has been a really good week. It will be hard to leave, as always.