Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

Saturday:

Usual load the vehicle and trailer. Then the long journey to the cabin began.

Along the way, we were at a rest stop. Max took both dogs out of the car while I was on the phone, trying to get an update on my brother-in-law’s accident. Seems Duke decided he couldn't wait for a real tree and used Max's leg! I started laughing; Max didn't seem to think it was funny. One wet and stinky sock got tossed and Max drove barefoot until the shoe dried. Gotta love the dogs and the laughter they bring into our lives.

From My Sister’s Facebook Post: Ocean kayaking accident this afternoon. George and girls out in the ocean this morning ending with George transported via rescue to Mayo Hospital. Everything good now. The verdict was a concussion resulting in amnesia. Great care at the Mayo! Staying in and hanging out at home tonight. Short of some bruises to body and ego, hoping to be back to normal tomorrow.

Arrived at the cabin. So thankful we have internet, which means we have a phone. Ginger loved checking out her new fenced in area. Duke is tired from staying alert and watching for motorcycles to bark at on the drive down.

It is SOOOOO Good to be here. We are all happy!

Sunday:


Today was going to be a *do nothing* day. Max was right, we couldn't do it. He worked on some of his stuff. I cleaned the floors with a new cleaner I brought, still not what I want, but better than anything else I've tried out here. Started on my *Some Day* list. Took a two hour nap with the dogs. A good day indeed!
The two hour nap ruined me. . . I was wide awake until 2 am. Worked on Farm Town until I got sleepy.

Last night I was watching the dogs sleep and I promise it looked like Ginger was smiling in her sleep. She is our smiling dog anyway, so it was only natural.