THURSDAY
This was a dogless trip to Double Dog Cabin. Max and I flew Southwest to Midland and rented a car to drive to the cabin. Pulled up to the cabin around 10 pm to see a herd of wild burros in our circle drive. There were probably 8 to 10 of them. I saw 3, maybe 4 babies. They were soooo cute!!!!! They very slowly moved on as I sat in the car while Max unlocked the cabin and turned on the electricity. I hated that we disturbed them. And very glad the dogs weren't with us.
We had to rescue a lizard from the bathroom trash can. Thank goodness I empty them before we leave each time.
Somehow, the refrigerator door closed after we left last time and I had a watery, mold mess to clean up. Yuck!
It is always amazing to see the night sky here for the first time on our visits. It is just breathtakingly amazing. And so quiet here.
The night was cold enough to put the flannel sheets on the bed!
FRIDAY
We woke up rather late this morning. We didn’t have stompy feet Ginger waking us up to be fed. lol
Our first *known* scorpion . . . . In the kitchen sink. Discovered while washing the cutting board.
Max sprayed the porch deck and the East exterior wall of the cabin with some of the protective coating stuff.
We both got some hammock time in.
Went to the Star Party at McDonald Observatory. We dressed warm. As usual we had a wonderful time.
SATURDAY
Off to Big Bend for the day!!
Only had time for one hiking trail today. Why? you might ask. Because for this overly chubby, flatlander a 4.8 mile with a 1100 ft elev. change and marked *Moderate but Steep* was HARD!!!









Spent some last minute relaxing at the cabin before it was time to leave for the Midland Airport.