Monday, September 21, 2009
Max got up to feed the dogs then came back to bed. There were some barking alarms a couple of times this morning. Never saw what they saw, but I’m sure they let whatever it was to stay away. This is Double Dog Cabin, which means it is Their Place!!!
The Wild One *Duke* just came barging in. Guess it is time for me to finish here for now and join the rest of the family on the porch.
I moved the furniture around in the bedroom and am very happy with the set up. I can now get to my side of the bed without crawling from the other side. I can fix my hair without hitting my elbow on the wall. Put the headboard on the bed, this took both of us. Now all we need is the new shelf to go up.
Max worked on the gate for the crawls pace under the cabin. Did a really nice job on it. I’ll be sure and take pictures before we leave.
Seems lightening fried our antenna and internet router. A cable was run to the new old computer we brought to the cabin this time. My laptop is only set up for wireless. So the blog will be updated when we get home. I type everything in Word so I can print it off for Max’s parents, since they don’t have internet. Then I cut and paste to the blog website.
Caught up on Emails, Facebook and Farmtown. My crops had not gone to waste, but I did have to spend some time watering all the flowers. The virtual world is an amazing place. Never in a million years would I see myself so addicted to such a game.
Spent some time cleaning up and a load of laundry. Got in some hammock time. Silly Duke was sure trying to figure out a way to get in the hammock with me. Don’t think it would have been pleasant for either of us.
A cold front is suppose to move through here after midnight tonight. Lows 40s, High 50s. Looks like it will be here even after we leave Wednesday.
After dinner and washing the dishes, Max and I took the dogs for a walk. Ginger didn’t want to turn around and come back. But I knew she would be worn out if we didn’t. Sure enough, after be back awhile, they were both on the porch. Duke went flying across the yard to the back edge where some pretty big birds were gathering. Ginger chased after him. She was soon back; breathing deeply and laying down by the hammock and me.
Once we got back to the cabin, it was warmer in the cabin than it was outside. So we all stayed outside, Max on his radio for awhile, me in the hammock and the dogs various places. Around sunset Max joined me by bringing the lawn recliner by the hammock. The sky was beautiful this evening. Got some really good pictures, can’t wait to share them. We could already see Jupiter and several other stars coming out. Max set up the telescope for later.
We looked through the binoculars at several clusters, plants and stars. Max found the Butterfly Nebula. It was pretty cool, could even see the antennas with bright stars at the ends. Don’t know if it was getting out of the hammock in the dark with my glasses on instead of contacts or what. But I became very dizzy. Wasn’t too crazy about getting back out to see Jupiter and the three rings and that Great Red whatever it is called. But I did. I saw the three rings, but didn’t have time to find the other thing before it went behind a cloud.
Since the clouds were moving in, we both headed back to the hammock and recliner. Jupiter appeared again with clouds surrounding it. Max gave me the binoculars and it looked like the light of Jupiter had created a silver lining on the jagged edges of the surrounding clouds.
I found the perfect music to listen to while stargazing . . . . Daughters of the Celtic Moon. Altogether, I spotted 5 shooting stars. The most in awhile for a normal night.
With all the clouds, Max is back on the radio and I’m in bed updating the blog info. Duke is beside me and Ginger is in her crate. Well, it is hard to tell which crate is hers. She has already been in both of them this evening. And Duke doesn’t really go in one. As we all know, he prefers the bed. However, he will be in one tonight. I woke up with the worse backache in a long time. It never did really go away until late afternoon. Of course, moving furniture around probably didn’t help much either. Regardless, it will be a crate night for Duke.
Well, the battery is almost gone so I’ll take it as my que to finish for the night.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Today we woke to 42 degrees at 6:48 am. Ginger needed to take care of business, and then of course she demanded to be fed. It was cold and windy out there waiting on her and Duke.
This morning was a lazy kind of morning. Not doing much. After lunch Max put up all the shelves I brought. Now I will be a bit more organized.
I went for a walk on the property to look for dead trees, or parts of dead trees; to bring back and decorate for Halloween. Found two nice size branches that I think will work. I already have the lights, just need to figure out how to prop them up. Shouldn’t be too hard.
While I was out looking for a third one, Duke, Ginger and Max met me as I was coming back up the drive empty handed. We all took a walk, thankfully the wind was down.
Dogs are eating and Max asked if I wanted to put up our Double Dog Cabin sign. I do and that means he will need my help. Until later . . . .