I love having things from our past in the cabin. We actually brought the mirror Max had in his childhood bedroom and are using it as our bathroom mirror.
I found his old folding laundry rack in the back of the closet in Plano. It is now here to be used in the future. I refinished the floor lamp he had from his apartment when he first came to Dallas. That is being used in the bedroom until the wall lights are put up. Then we will move it by the recliner in the living room that we brought down from our den in Plano this trip.
There is a candle holder that has a pewter base and a glass container for the candle that my dear friend, Stephanie, gave me. Of course, it has dragonflies in the design. I have it on the table at the end of the sofa where I sit most of the time.
Max’s parents gave us some pottery as a gift for the cabin. Four soup bowls and two bread plates. They had me pick them out to be sure and get some that would go with the cabin colors. The pottery comes from a place in Asheville that has been there for generations. Max visited it when he was a small child in kindergarten. The past few years we have purchased items for our home in Plano. Nothing beats their bowls for soup, chili and stew. Here's their website . . . http://www.brownspottery.com/default.asp
A cast iron soap dish has a special place in the kitchen window. Our builder’s wife picked it up at the local flea market for our cabin. It goes perfectly in the kitchen with the cabinet hardware.
On either side of the soap dish are some old glass bottles. I love old glass bottles. One is blue and the other pink. My mom had them for years and passed me along to me for the cabin. We believe they are some my dad found at a work site many years ago.

Of course there are the ones I’ve mentioned before in previous posts. The Marran Church Picture, the Hall Tree, the Blue Vase, the Elf and Shoe Planters, the personalized cup towels and sheets and the Propeller.
And there will be more items brought down to the cabin. I have the two decorative birdhouses Max’s sister gave us last year for Christmas. They are going to go in the corner of the porch, once I have a chance to decorate/work on that area. And there is a brass bowl she gave Max many years ago for Christmas just after he moved into his new home, that I want to bring down.
And the list of things goes on with other items that have special meaning to one and/or both of us.