Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

I have already mentioned the quail and horny toad. We have seen a few deer and the dogs have so enjoyed barking at them.

We have a ledge on the inside of the porch. Three sections have shades connected to the top part of the roof, which allows them to create a small space ideal for bird nests.

Yes, we have some birds who are sitting on a nest behind one of our shades. I’ve taken pictures of it and hopefully I can get a picture of the birds themselves before we leave. Appears the male brings food for the female as she is sitting in the nest.

We have also seen larger lizards than before and most are super fast. Duke has had a blast trying to catch one, but thankfully he hasn’t.

One jack rabbit on the property. Neither dog saw it, only Max.

A few centipedes 6 inches or longer have been seen on and around the cabin outside walls.

The mice are back, but they don’t seem to be partying as hardy as before. I’ll put more lavender outside this evening.

Watched a large spider spin it’s webbing around a fly in the web. That was pretty cool to watch.