Journey to The Cabin

Sharing our Adventures and Work at Double Dog Cabin! Vacation and Get-a-away Cabin for now . . . future retirement home!

Our Ginger alarm clock went off right on time this morning. Ginger must have been very hungry; she attempted to eat Duke’s food. Of course he was having none of that. After a good sniffing the front yard and taking care of business, the dogs that is, we all made it back to the bedroom to join a sleeping Max.

Once we all got up, I had to put on my jammie bottoms; it was that cool this morning. No complaining here . . . my perfect kind of morning. Now just waiting on the coffee to finish brewing.

Ginger seems so happy here. Duke we aren’t so sure about. He does love the bed here. Think he misses it from our Plano home. The new bed isn’t as soft and comfy for him as the one at the cabin.

The rest of the day Max worked on his radio. I painted some shelves for the bathroom. The little unit we had in there was not working. Hoping these will. Purchased them at Marshalls for $7 each, not bad.

I also painted some shelves for my spices in the kitchen. I moved the flour, cornmeal, whole wheat flour and bread crumbs into the brown canisters. But I put them in Ziploc bags first. I’m counting on the seal of the canisters and the Ziplocs will keep the buggies out. This has freed up a lot of room in the Hoosier and things are much better organized and easier to find. I’m happy!

Max discovered that if we walk up the road a bit to a high point, we can get cell phone reception. Yeah!!! A five minute walk versus a 20 minute bumpy car ride to the edge of the development. So he was able to report the internet outage and call Calvin to let them know we got here safely.

We finally finished all the lattice work on the bottom of the cabin. It was very warm out in that sun! We all retired into the cabin and rested a bit.

This afternoon, Max was able to reach a man in Georgia on his 1 watt radio. Came in very clear. Pretty Cool.

Before dinner we took the dogs for a walk and checked cell phone messages.


Internet should be fixed tomorrow morning. So no Farm Town for me tonight. Can’t remember what crops I planted, but they are likely to have gone to waste be the time I can log on. Oh well . .

Ginger has decided to sleep in the other crate tonight. Would love to know her thought process. Max continues to work on his radio. Duke and I are in bed.


Reading a bit before laying down at the end of the bed so I can see the stars. The decision has been made. We will be moving the bed under the window. Now that I am aware of the excellent view from that position, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it the easiest way possible. Max came in to let me know he was moving on to the hammock with the binoculars. I had him lay at the foot of the bed, so he could see the view I was looking at. Then I told him we would be moving the bed. His comment was; we already have the reading lights in the wall for the position the bed it is in now. I replied that I would rather have the view than the lights. ;-)